Our office, as well as the The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) all recommend establishing a “Dental Home” for your child by one year of age. Children who have a dental home are more likely to receive appropriate preventive and routine oral health care.
You can make the first visit to the dentist enjoyable and positive. If old enough, your child should be informed of the visit and told that the dentist and their staff will explain all procedures and answer any questions. The less to-do concerning the visit, the better.
It is best if you refrain from using words around your child that might cause unnecessary fear, such as “needle”, “shot”, “pull”, “drill” or “hurt”. The office makes a practice of using words that convey the same message, but are pleasant and non-frightening to the child.
We invite you to stay with your child during the initial examination. During follow up treatment appointments if require, we recommend, you accompany your child to examination room and after your child feels comfortable we ask you to wait in waiting room. We can usually establish a closer rapport with your child when you are not present. Our purpose is to gain your child’s confidence and overcome apprehension. However, if you choose, you may stay in the hallway outside the examination room to monitor your child’s dental experience. For the safety and privacy of all patients, other children who are not being treated should remain in the reception room with a supervising adult.
What Sets Us Apart
- Family and Pediatric Dentistry is a state-of-the-art facility that provides a relaxed environment for children, teens, and adults under one roof.
- Our office is equipped with the most advanced dental tools and equipment to make sure you receive the safest, most comfortable dental care available.
- We provide Nitrous Oxide sedation for the comfort of our patients.
- In-house IV sedation is provided by a licensed anesthesiologist.
- Our digital radiology (X-Rays) technology minimizes patient exposure in comparison to conventional X-Ray equipment.
- Our private examination rooms are equipped with flat screen TV’s and sound surround system to put your mind at ease.
- Our office is decorated in a cheerful and fun style that young children find comfort while waiting for their visit, children can play with various computer games.
- A well-trained team to make your experience as stress-free as possible.